Maggiano's Little Italy Minestrone Soup
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups Maggiano's Marinara Sauce
- 1 small baking potato, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 cup canned chick-peas, drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dark green romaine lettuce leaves, diced
- 1/4 oz fresh basil leaves (stems removed), chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus some for garnish
- 1/2 cup tubetti or other small pasta
In a large stock pot, melt butter over low heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and oregano. Cook, covered, until vegetables are soft but not browned, about 20 minutes.
Add flour and stir to form a paste. Add garlic, chicken stock, marinara sauce, potato and tomatoes. Raise heat and bring mixture to a boil.
Add zucchini, yellow squash, chick-peas, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
Stir in romaine, basil and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
Reheat soup over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
Divide pasta among individual serving bowls and ladle hot soup over pasta. Serve with Parmesan cheese.Makes 8 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page