- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Cut tortillas into triangles and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle to taste with chipotle powder, salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F oven for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Place black beans in a colander, rinse, and remove any broken beans or debris: place in a large pot and cover with 2 quarts water. Clean navy beans and place in a separate large pot with 2 quarts water. Bring both to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer, adding additional hot water as necessary to keep beans covered. When the navy beans have cooked for one hour, add the green peppers, onion and garlic and continue simmering for about 30 minutes more.
- Remove chorizo from casing, cook, and drain well. When the black beans have softened, drain and discard the liquid; add them to the pot with the navy beans. Add the cooked chorizo, andouille sausage, shallots, chicken stock, beef stock and Tabasco. Simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then add the cilantro. Additional stock may be needed when re-warming leftovers.
- Serve soup in warm bowls, accompanied by the lavosh triangles. Makes 12 to 15
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like