- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Peel baked potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch chunks; set aside. In large bowl, mix celery, carrots, onion, green onion, peppers, salt and garlic; set aside.
- Place bacon in a Dutch oven and cook over medium-high heat until brown.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add oil. When hot, add vegetable mixture; sauté until vegetables are well-done. Add potato chunks and cook until dark brown. Add water, chicken base and cream; stir constantly 5 minutes. Fold in cheese until thoroughly blended.
- Heat butter in saucepan over low heat; whisk in flour; cook, stirring, until flour is lightly browned to make a roux. Add roux to soup and stir until thoroughly blended. Reduce heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
Makes Makes 2 quarts or 6 servings
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like