- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- At Miller and Rhoads Tea Room, the sandwich layers were: toast, turkey, Virginia ham, about 2 Tbsp of cheese sauce, toast, turkey, Virginia ham, tomato, toast.
- When white sauce is thickened and smooth, stir in grated cheese until melted.
- Colby has been most recent choice.
- Place sandwiches on individual ovenproof serving plates. Ladle 6 Tbsp cheese sauce over each. Top each with slice of cheese and insert a toothpick in center. Place under preheated broiler about 4 inches from heat source just until it begins to bubble and brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Top each toothpick with olive or crisscross bacon slices.
- Suggestion: Serve with Mustard Pickles.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like