- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
Muffin Batter Ingredients:
Nut Topping Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter together with an electric mixer. When thoroughly mixed, add eggs and beat one more minute.
- Sift the flour into a separate bowl together with the baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add flour and buttermilk to the first mixture. Mix at low speed until smooth. To avoid lumps in the batter, add the wet and dry ingredients alternately, in small amounts.
- For the Nut Topping, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. The nuts should be finely chopped.
- Grease muffin tins with additional butter or margarine. You can also use paper baking cups. Fill each cup 3/4 full of batter. Add a full rounded Tbsp of nut topping on top of the batter in each cup. Bake immediately or the topping will sink to the bottom of the muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown. A wooden pick inserted in the middle of the muffin should come out dry.
- If using jumbo muffin pans, reduce the oven temperature by 25° F and increase the baking time 5 to 10 minutes.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like