- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook black-eyed peas and rice in boiling salted water for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain; rinse with cold running water. Drain well; place in large bowl.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove bacon from skillet; drain on paper towels. Add onion to bacon drippings in skillet; cook over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic; cook an additional 1 minutes. Stir in vinegar and sugar. Cook 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add onion mixture to black-eyed peas and rice. Stir in all remaining ingredients except bacon. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, top with bacon. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Makes 12 (1/2-cup) servings
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like