- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
For brisket Ingredients:
For vegetables Ingredients:
To finish Ingredients:
- To cook brisket: Trim excess fat from meat. Put brisket in a stockpot with onion, leek and seasonings and cover with stock. Cover pot and cook at a constant simmer, skimming any foam that rises to surface, for about 2 hours or until fork tender.
- Remove meat from liquid and allow to cool. Strain braising liquid, remove fat that rises to the top and set liquid aside. Cut the meat into 1/4-inch dice, trimming off fat, and set aside.
- To cook vegetables: Cook onions in olive oil over low heat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Reserve. Cover potatoes with cold, salted water and cook over medium heat until water just comes to boil. After water boils, strain potatoes and spread in a single layer to dry completely, then cool.
- To cook hash: Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add potatoes and cook on medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until browned and slightly crisp. Lower heat to medium, add 3 cups diced brisket and heat through, about 2 minutes. Mix in reserved saut?ed onions and chopped parsley.
- In a saucepan on medium high heat, reduce 3 cups of reserved braising liquid to about 1 1/2 cups until it is slightly thickened, about 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hash in a bowl and top with braising liquid and, if desired, poached eggs.
- Per serving: 516 calories, 40g protein, 24g fat (7g saturated), 34g carbohydrate, 305mg sodium, 108mg cholesterol, 4g dietary fiber/p>
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like