- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
Alexander Bread Crumbs Ingredients:
Garlic Butter Sauce Ingredients:
- To make bread crumb mixture: Combine all ingredients and set aside.
- To make the chicken: Halve chicken breasts, making 2 roughly 3-inch square pieces. Pound each piece 1/4 inch thick. Season pieces with salt and pepper.
- Spoon flour into a rimmed plate. Beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Place Alexander bread crumbs in another shallow plate or dish. Dip each chicken piece in flour, covering it completely, then in the egg, then in the Alexander bread crumbs. Set aside on wax paper or a wire rack. (Make your garlic butter sauce now.)
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat. Heat until butter foams. When foam subsides, lay 2 or 3 chicken pieces flat in the pan and cook until browned on both sides (about 3 minutes on each side -- the chicken will cook quickly because it's so thin). Set aside cooked chicken while you brown the other pieces. Add remaining Tbsp butter, and more if needed.
- To make garlic butter sauce: In a large saucepan set over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp butter. Add shallots and garlic and cook until soft. Add wine. Increase heat to medium-high, bring wine to a boil and allow it to cook until only about 2 Tbsp of liquid remain in the pan.
- Add cream, lower heat to medium, and cook until liquid steams. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes. Do not let liquid boil. (Note: You can stop at this point and let the mixture sit until you're ready to proceed with the recipe. When you're ready, reheat it and stir in the butter).
- Reduce heat to low, and add the remaining butter (somewhat softened), a little at a time. Use a wire whisk to whip the sauce and keep it smooth, making sure mixture is well-blended before adding more butter. When butter has been whipped in, add lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Serve at once.
- Leftovers can be reheated, but the butter will have to be re-whisked, and the texture is never as creamy as when the sauce is first made.
- Set 2 pieces of chicken at one side of a plate. Place 1 serving pasta on the other side. Pour garlic butter sauce over all. Repeat with remaining chicken and pasta. Ladle sauce over chicken and pasta.
Makes 4 also makes 2 1/2 cups
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like