Mr. B's Bar & Grill Meatloaf
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 ribs celery, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 of an 11.5-ounce can V-8 juice (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs (see note)
- 2 Tbsp minced parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Provel cheese
- 2 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp dried sweet basil
- 3/4 tsp ground oregano
- 1 Tbsp salt
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch glass baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Place ground beef in a large mixing bowl. Add celery, onion, green bell pepper, V-8 juice, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, cheeses, black pepper, cumin, onion powder, basil, oregano and salt.
Knead mixture until ingredients are well-blended. Shape into a loaf.
Set loaf into prepared pan. Add water surrounding loaf, enough to reach one-fourth of the way up the sides of the pan. Bake meatloaf for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until done.
NOTE: Mr. B's uses unseasoned bread crumbs made by grinding up dried pieces of French or Italian bread. Home cooks who don't own a grinder can make crumbs from dried bread using a blender or a grater or substitute store bought crumbs.Makes 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page