- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 300° F. In a medium bowl blend butter and sugar with an electric mixer until mixture forms a grainy paste.
- Scrape down sides of bowl, then add egg and almond extract. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the ground almonds and flour, and blend at low speed just until combined. Form dough into 1 1/2 in balls and roll in sliced almonds, coating each ball thoroughly.
- Place balls on ungreased cookie sheets, 2" apart.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cookies are slightly brown along edges.
- Immediately transfer cookies to a cool surface cover with waxed paper.
Scald cream in a small saucepan then remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips and corn syrup; cover and let stand for 15 minutes. With small wire whisk or wooden spoon, gently mix glaze until smooth, being careful not to create bubbles in the chocolate.
- When cookies are completely cool, drizzle patterns on them with the warm chocolate glaze, or dip half of each cookies into the glaze.
- Refrigerate the cookies on waxed paper until the glaze has set--about 10 minutes.
Makes 1 1/2 Dozen
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like