- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- CAKE ICING Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugars. Add butter, one egg and vanilla; blend with electric mixer on low speed.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. And remaining eggs, one at a time, beating 30 seconds after each addition.
- Add carrots, pineapple, raisins and walnuts. Blend on low until thoroughly combined. Pour batter into prepared pans and smooth the surface with a rubber spatula.
- Bake in center of oven for 60-70 minutes. Toothpick inserted into center should come out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Then invert cakes on rack and cool to room temperature.
On a medium bowl with electic mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth add lemon juice and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Add sugar gradually, mixing on low until smooth. TO ICE THE CARROT CAKE: Place one layer on a cake platter, and with a metal spatula spread icing over the top to form a thin filling. Place second layer over the first, rounded side up.
- Coat the top and sides of the cake evenly with remaining icing. Refrigerate 1 hour to set icing.
Makes 3 Dozen
Submitted by: MRS FIELDS Cookie Book
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like