- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Cut raw kernels off of corn cob with a sharp knife.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, carrots, chile pepper and corn. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the cumin, chili powder and oregano and continue stirring another minute to toast the spices. Add the tomatoes, chicken stock cilantro and chicken. Bring mixture to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, distribute the broken tortilla chips equally in the bottom of soup bowls, ladle the soup over them and garnish each bowl with cheese.
Submitted by: Arizona Republic, Phoenix, AZ
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like