- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 350° F, with rack in center of oven. Coat a 10- or 12-inch tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, make almond filling: Combine the 1 cup ground almonds, powdered sugar, butter, almond extract and egg yolk. Mix well; mixture will be stiff. Set aside.
- Press 1 can of dough over bottom and 1/2-inch up sides of sprayed tart pan to form a crust. Pinch perforations in dough to seal.
- Separate remaining can of dough into 8 triangles. Spread 1 rounded Tbsp of almond filling on each triangle. Starting at the wide end of each triangle, roll to opposite point. Arrange the filled crescents around edge of dough-lined tart pan. Spoon preserves evenly over center of dough, spreading just to the filled rolls. Mix a little raspberry liqueur into the preserves first, if desired.
- Bake at 350° F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare meringue (with or without a little extra sugar) by beating the room-temperature egg whites (5, plus the extra white from the separated egg,) at high speed of an electric mixer until frothy (soft peaks will hold).
- Remove almond wreath from oven and spoon beaten egg whites over the almond-filled ring. Leave the jam center free of the meringue. Sprinkle egg whites with sliced almonds and Tbsp of sugar. Return to a 350° F oven and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 30 minutes before serving.
- Release from the tart pan by pushing gently on the bottom and transfer to a serving plate or tray.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like