Nonya Sambal Sauce
- 1/4 cup seeded dried hot red chiles
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp minced dried shrimp (or 1 tsp anchovy paste)
- 1/4 cup minced seeded fresh hot red chiles
- 2 tsp salad oil
- 3 Tbsp liquid tamarind concentrate or lime juice
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
Soak chiles in hot water until soft, about 10 minutes.
Whirl mixture in blender until smooth.
In a 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir red bell pepper, onion, garlic, shrimp and hot chiles in salad oil until vegetables are limp - about 3 minutes.
Stir in dried chile mixture, tamarind concentrate, brown sugar and salt; cook 2 to 3 more minutes.Makes 1 cup Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page