Oakland Trattoria Chicken Arrabiatta
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, seasoned with salt and pepper, cut into thin strips
- 6 oz portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 3 Tbsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan and Romano cheese (mixed)
- 3 to 4 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 lbs uncooked fettuccine, cooked al dente
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
Grill chicken strips and sauté mushrooms in lightly greased skillet over medium heat. Set aside.
To prepare sauce, combine garlic and wine in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes to reduce by about half. Add cream, increase heat slightly and heat to 160 degrees. At this point, mixture will come to a low boil.
Reduce heat to simmer; blend in cheeses and Cajun seasoning. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and keep warm.
Combine chicken strips, mushrooms and sauce in a 5-quart pot over low heat. Add pasta; toss to coat. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; garnish with additional cheese.
NOTE: Sauce can be prepared a day in advance and refrigerated until ready to use. When ready to use, reheat over medium heat.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page