Olive Garden Gnocchi with Spicy Tomato and Wine Sauce
- 1 lbs gnocchi (potato dumplings)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 cup dry white drinking wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) sweet cream butter, cut into 1 inch cubes, chilled
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly chopped basil, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly crushed black pepper, to taste
Sauce Preparation: Place the olive oil, garlic and chili flakes in a cold pan. On medium heat, stir and cook the olive oil, garlic, chili flakes until garlic turns slight golden brown. To this mixture, add the white wine and chicken broth. Simmer about 10 minutes.
Reduce the wine and broth by half, add the tomatoes, and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
Pureé the sauce in blender with the butter and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pasta Preparation: Prepare pasta when sauce is complete. Use a large pot to boil pasta. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until they float (approximately 3 minutes or 160°s; F internal temperature). Remove pasta from boiling water and lightly mix with sauce.
Plating Suggestion: Place sauced pasta on serving plate, top with Parmesan and Basil.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page