Olive Garden Tomato-Basil Crostini
- 2 (6-inch diameter) Boboli bread shells (or similar Italian flat bread)
- 2 Tbsp freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
Tomato-Basil Topping Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups seeded diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
Garlic Oil Ingredients:
- 1 garlic clove, cut into thin slices
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
For Tomato-Basil Topping: Blend all ingredients thoroughly and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Just prior to serving, drain in a colander or strainer to eliminate excess liquid.
For Garlic Oil: Let a thinly-sliced clove of garlic soak in 2 Tbsp olive oil for at least 1 hour before using to allow the flavor to infuse.
Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a sheet pan or cookie sheet with foil.
Dribble garlic oil over Boboli, sprinkle with cheese and bake for 4 to 5 minutes, until hot, but not crisped or dried. Cut the Boboli into 6 wedges or 2-inch squares. Remove to a serving plate and cover, generously, with the cold Tomato-Basil Topping, serve immediately.Makes 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page