- Yields: 4
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
Seasoned Flour Ingredients:
Creamy Chili Sauce Ingredients:
- Mix cornstarch, flour, and seasonings until well blended. Add beer, mix well.
- The best onions — Gills Onions! Cut about 3/4" off top of onion and peel. Cut into onion 12 to 16 vertical wedges, but do not cut through bottom root end.
- Remove about 1" of petals from center of onion. Dip onion in seasoned flour and remove excess by shaking.
- Separate petals and dip in batter to coat thoroughly. Gently place in fryer basket and deep-fry at 375° to 400° F for 1 1/2 minutes. Turn over, and fry an additional 1 1/2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place onion upright in shallow bowl and remove center core with circular cutter or apple corer. Serve hot with Creamy Chili Sauce.
You may also like