- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Place sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat while stirring for about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, slowly stream hot mixture into egg yolks. Temper with a whisk.
- Pour lemon curd back into saucepan, over medium heat, stir with a spoon (not a whisk ) until thickened. It takes about 5-10 minutes Remove from heat.
- Incorporate 1 part at a time, (1/2 pound cold diced butter and 2 lemons zested on a fine grater) until all are mixed in.
- Pour curd into a shallow long dish to cool in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Scoop curd into a serving dish for a teatime treat!
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like