Petroleum Club Bread Pudding
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg (freshly grated is best)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 5 cups stale French bread cubes
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- Whipped cream, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add milk and melted butter; mix to combine well; set aside.
Grease an 8-inch square baking pan, then add bread cubes. Sprinkle dried fruit and pecans over top and press in to combine. Pour milk mixture over bread and press down with fingers to completely immerse bread and to distribute liquid evenly. Let mixture sit for 20 to 30 minutes, periodically pressing down to allow the bread to absorb all of the liquid.
Bake for about 50 minutes or until pudding is brown and puffy. Serve warm with freshly whipped cream.Makes 6 generous servings. Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page