- Yields: 4
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
Chicken Bath Ingredients:
- Rinse and clean cavity of chicken.
- Peel and dice fresh ginger root.
- Mix together diced ginger, five spice powder, green onion, star anise, ground bean sauce and orange peel.
- Fill cavity of chicken with mixed ingredients. Then truss the chicken with a skewer.
- Hang the chicken on hook in refrigerator.
- "Bath" the chicken with water and baking soda.
- Brush with honey and vinegar.
- Hang the chicken in the refrigerator for three days, brushing twice daily with honey and vinegar.
- Bake at 325°s; F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until 165 to 170 internal° F.
- Cut and serve.
You may also like