- Cut the chicken wings into 2 pieces, cutting at the joint. Remove the wing tips and reserve for stock, if desired.
- Heat the oil in a large pot to 375° F.
- Add the chicken wings and fry for about 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Remove the wings to paper towels to drain.
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan; place over medium-high heat until the sugar turns a light caramel color, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the fish sauce. The sauce will boil vigorously. Return to medium heat and cook until slightly thickened, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in the pepper.
- Toss the chicken wings with the sauce and serve.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like