Printer's Row Scalloped Potatoes with Jalapeño Chiles
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped, divided
- 12 potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ground nutmeg to taste
- 3 cups skim milk, divided
- 4 cups Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup jalapeño chile, finely chopped
Per portion: Heat 1 tsp butter in 6-inch skillet. Add 1 Tbsp onion; sauté. Add 1 sliced potato with salt, pepper and nutmeg; stir gently.
Smooth layer of potatoes; add 1/4 cup milk. Simmer 1 minute. Sprinkle with 1 ounce Parmesan cheese. Pour 2 Tbsp cream over top and sprinkle with 1 tsp jalapeño.
Bake at 350°s; F until golden brown, about 15 minutes.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page