- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Simmer apricots, water, sugar and brandy in large saucepan for about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving about 1/4 cup of cooking liquid. Take 4 Tbsp of the reconstituted apricots and purée with poaching liquid in a food processor.
- Melt brown sugar and butter together in saucepan until hot and bubbling. Add apricot purée and cook together, about 30 seconds. Immediately spread mixture on bottom of 9-inch cake pan well coated with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange remaining apricots in concentric circles atop mixture.
For the cake Ingredients:
- Sift together cake flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- In mixing bowl, beat together mayonnaise, coffee and vanilla until thoroughly blended. Gradually add dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour batter over caramel and apricots in cake pan and bake for about 30 minutes in 350 degree F oven, or until inserted wooden pick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes, cover with cake plate and invert. Let cool for 15 minutes more. Serve with fresh whipped cream.
Makes one 9-inch cake
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like