- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower, and blanch for 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, stir well and cook over medium-low heat. Stir gently from time to time until golden in color and sweet in smell, about 25 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low; add a pinch of pepper and the water and lemon juice. Simmer for a few minutes, until most of the water has been absorbed; stir gently.
- Turn the heat off, sprinkle the cilantro over the cauliflower and add salt to taste.
- Stir and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving, or refrigerate overnight. Serve at room temperature.
- Approximate values per serving: 202 calories, 10 grams fat (1 gram saturated), 0 milligrams cholesterol, 9 grams protein, 26 grams carbohydrates, 12 grams fiber and 139 milligrams sodium/p>
Makes 4 to 6
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like