St. Louis Bread Company Sourdough Round Sandwich
- 1 sourdough round from Saint Louis Bread Co.
- 1/2 lbs thin-sliced smoked ham
- 1/2 lbs sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 small box chopped, frozen spinach, thawed and drained of moisture
- 1/2 lbs thin-sliced salami
- 1 medium tomato, sliced thin
- 8 to 10 rings red onion
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut a "cap" off of the sourdough round and hollow out the inside of the loaf (save the bread to make bread crumbs or croutons). Set half of the cheese aside.
Layer the sandwich ingredients into the hollow loaf in the order listed above. Drizzle the olive oil onto the ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste, and layer the remaining cheese on top. Replace the bread cap, wrap the entire loaf in heavy-duty aluminum foil, and bake in a 350° F oven for 30 minutes or until warmed through.
Unwrap the sandwich and cool slightly. Slice into 6 wedges (like a pie) and rewrap in foil until ready to serve.Makes 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page