Sur la Table Fried Banana Chocolate Ravioli with Chocolate Rum Sauce
- 2 bananas, cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tbsp pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate, chopped
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Chocolate Rum Sauce (recipe follows)
Gently mix bananas, brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs, pecans and chocolate.
Place a wonton wrapper on a clean work surface and fill with 1 1/2 teaspoons of filling. Brush edges with egg and fold in half diagonally, sealing edges completely. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. (Do not allow them to touch each other.)
Heat oil to 350 to 375° F. Fry ravioli until golden, about 2 minutes.
Transfer to a platter lined with paper towels. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with Chocolate Rum Sauce (recipe follows).
Chocolate Rum Sauce Ingredients:
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp rum
Heat milk and chocolate in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. When the chocolate has melted, remove from the heat and stir in butter and rum. Serve warm. May be refrigerated for up to 2 months.Makes 10 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page