Union House Restaurant Wild Rice Salad with Vinaigrette
- 6 cups cooked long-grain wild rice
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dates (pits removed)
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1 cup vinaigrette dressing (from followingor purchased)
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted pecans
Mix together the rice, dates, carrots, green onions and vinaigrette dressing. Refrigerate mixture overnight to blend flavors. Add pecans just prior to serving. Serve with chicken or fish.
Variation: Add dried apricots, golden raisins or currants. Can be served cold, at room temperature or hot.
Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
In food processor, combine sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly add oil, mixing until combined. If a food processor is not available, the dressing can also be mixed by hand using a wire whip.
Makes about 4 1/2 cups dressing.Makes 12 to 14 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page