Vidalia Restaurant Onion and Beet Salad
- 2 small bunches golden beets
- 2 small bunches red beets
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 thin slices of baguette, toasted
- 3 oz of herbed goat cheese
- 1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
Put beets into two separate saucepans (to keep colors intact). Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer beets 15 minutes or until tender. Rinse beets separately under cold running water. Rub off skins with an old kitchen towel or paper towels. Cut beets in quarters.
Whisk honey, vinegar and thyme together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil, salt and pepper until vinaigrette emulsifies.
Combine beets and cup vinaigrette.
Spread each baguette slice with goat cheese and broil until brown on the top. Combine lettuce, beets, onions and 1/3 cup vinaigrette; toss well. Serve with goat cheese crostini. You'll have leftover vinaigrette.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page