- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Sprinkle the WGR BBQ Spice Rub on all sides of the ribs and rub the spices into the meat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Allow the seasoned ribs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before smoking. While the ribs are waiting prepare the smoker by heating it to about 225 degrees. Place about 1 cup of the soaked hickory chips over the hottest part of the grill. Smoke should start to billow out within about 15 minutes. More hickory chips can be added throughout the process for a heavier smoky flavor.
- Place the ribs flat-side down and smoke over indirect medium heat for 2 - 3 hours. The meat should start to pull away from the bone as they finish cooking.
- About 2 hours into the smoking process, baste the ribs with WGR Hot & Hickory BBQ Sauce. Flip them over and baste the other side. Cover and continue smoking.
- During the last 20 minutes of grilling time, baste the ribs twice more with WGR Hot & Hickory BBQ Sauce.
- Serve with your favorite BBQ sides.
Makes 6 to 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like