- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Boil the chicken in the 8 quarts of water, remove, cool and bone the chicken. Be sure to save the broth. Cut sausage into rings and brown either in the oven or in pot. Chop all the veggies.
- Now make your roux (see below). When it gets to the right color, immediately add celery and onions and cook until wilted, stirring constantly. Slowly add broth, stirring continuously. When this is all together, add chicken, sausage and other ingredients and cook for about 3 hours over medium to low heat.
- Serve over hot rice topped with fresh green onions. In Louisiana, they like to serve potato salad as a side dish and, of course, hot-toasted French bread.
- Heat the oil to hot, add flour, stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until the color of dark chocolate. You must stir it continuously.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like