- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
Sugar Water Ingredients:
- Combine nuts, dates, egg, butter and sugar in food processor. Pulse until nuts are broken up and mixture holds together. Place in work bowl with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, brandy, orange juice and zest, lemon zest and salt and combine.
- Cut filo in half to form a stack of rectangles. Each pastry will use three sheets. Brush butter lightly on the 3 sheets. Place 1/4 cup nut mixture on bottom of filo sheets. Tuck edges in (1/2-inch on each side) and roll up. Brush with butter and place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake 15 to 20 minutes in 350 degree F oven, or until lightly browned.
- In small saucepot combine sugar water ingredients. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Place cooled pastries in a pan with edges, fit snuggly together. Pour warm sugar water over pastries. Allow to soak up all liquid, turning if necessary. Refrigerate to help set, if needed.
- Slice and serve with fresh fruit whipped cream.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like