- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, and salt. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in apple and Cheddar cheese.
- Beat egg white and milk until combined. Add to flour mixture, mixing gently, until soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead 4 times.
- Spread dough evenly in cake pan and score deeply with knife to make six wedges. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top springs back when gently pressed. Cool until warm or room temperature.
Servings: 6 to 8 scones
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like