- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir flour, salt, baking powder and mustard powder together. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in the cheese, mixing well.
- Combine the egg with 1/4 cup of the milk and stir into flour mixture to make a soft dough, adding more milk only if it is needed.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead several times and then pat dough out into an 8-inch circle onto the prepared baking sheet. Cut into 8 wedges. Brush scones with milk.
- Bake until tops are just starting to brown, about 9 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes: 8 scones
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like