- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Heat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; mix well. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in dried cherries.
- Add combined milk, yogurt and egg to flour mixture; mix with fork just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface; knead gently 8 to 10 times. Roll or pat dough into 8-inch circle about 3/4-inch thick.
- For the topping: Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the dough. Cut into 8 to 10 wedges with sharp knife. Place about 2-inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.
Servings: 8 to 10 scones
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like