- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In small bowl, combine milk, egg and vanilla extract; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir with fork or rubber spatula just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 2 Tbsp sugar with the pecans and cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over dough in bowl; gently stir batter to swirl in cinnamon mixture (do not blend completely). Drop dough by 1/4 cupsful 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack; cool 5 minutes. In small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough orange juice for desired consistency; mix until smooth. Drizzle over tops of warm scones. Serve warm.
- NOTE: To toast pecans, spread in a single layer in baking pan and bake at 350° F about 6 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragran Tbsp Cool before using.
Servings: 12 scones
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like