- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In small bowl, beat egg yolk with honey and buttermilk until blended, add to flour mixture, blending lightly just until mixture clings together.
- With floured hands, lightly shape dough into flattened ball. Roll out on floured surface into a circle 1/2 inch thick. Using floured knife, cut into 8 to 12 wedges. Place on greased or non-stick baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg white with water.
- In another bowl, blend sugar and cinnamon. Brush scones lightly with egg white, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake until golden brown (10 to 12 minutes). Serve warm.
Servings: 12 scones
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like