- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease and flour a large cookie sheet, or line the sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour with the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the lemon rind. Using two knives or a food processor, cut the butter into flour mixture until the butter is evenly incorporated and there are no large chunks. Grate the almond paste and mix it into the flour mixture with 1/2 cup of the flaked coconut.
- In a medium bowl, beat the coconut milk, egg and almond extract until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and beat with a spoon until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and forms a ball. Knead 5 or 6 turns to get a nice consistency. The dough should be firm enough to roll out but still delicate, not stiff or dry.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to a 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 2 1/2-inch diameter cookie cutter, cut out the scones and place on prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Brush with the egg wash and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until they are a light golden brown and spring back to the touch.
Servings: about 22 scones
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like