- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Combine flour, oats, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large bowl; mix well. Work butter into dry ingredients with fork or fingertips until mixture resembles small peas. Stir in cranberries.
- Combine sour cream and egg in a small bowl; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir with fork until soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface; knead gently 8 to 10 times. Transfer to ungreased cookie sheet. Pat into 8-inch diameter circle; sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp sugar. Cut into 8 wedges; separate wedges slightly.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Separate wedges; transfer to cooling rack. Serve warm.
Servings: 8 scones
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like