- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Butter 2 heavy large cooky sheets. Sift flour into bowl. Mix in both sugars and currants. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. stir in enough cream to form soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead until just combines. Gather sough into ball; flatten into disk. Roll out to thickness of 3/4 inch. Cut out rounds using 2 inch round cookie cutter. Gather scrapes and reroll and floured surface.
- Cut out additional rounds. Transfer rounds to prepared sheets, spacing evenly, can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bake scones until puffed and golden brown, about 12 minutes. Cool on rack - can be prepared 6 hours ahead; store airtight. Wrap in foil and reheat in 350° F oven before serving).
- Offer cream here, with assorted jams for the scones and crumpets. Crumpets can be processed in the refrigerator section of some supermarkets.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like