- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl. Add figs. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Add cream and mix as quickly and briefly as possible. Dough should be firm enough to knead, yet still sticky like biscuit dough.
- Form dough into ball and place on lightly floured surface. Flatten with hand to about 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough into scones using 3-inch biscuit cutter. Remaining scraps can be combined, re-rolled and cut.
- Place scones on ungreased baking sheets that have been covered with parchment paper or on very lightly greased baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven 12 minutes or until golden brown. Check to see if scones are done by lifting with spatula or tip of knife. Bottoms of scones should be golden brown.
- When done, remove from oven; let cool a few minutes on the baking sheets, then serve immediately with your favorite jam or marmalade.
Servings: about 12 scones
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like