- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- This is a Cajun recipe making a thick stew which is traditionally served over rice.
- Chop alligator meat into small strips; add a dollop of steak sauce, to coat. Heat some of the shortening in a large saucepot or Dutch oven; add alligator and brown. Remove meat; set aside. Add remaining shortening and flour; mix well. add onion, green pepper, scallion and celery; sauté slowly until vegetables are tender. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste; mix well. Add cayenne pepper and water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir in reserved alligator meat. Cook 1 hour, or until meat is tender. Add salt to taste. Serve over cooked rice.
- NOTE: Any fowl or seafood can be used in place of the alligator meat.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like