Anotherthyme-style Pasta Primavera
- 1 lbs. dried tagliatelle pasta (see note)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 3 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cooked artichoke hearts, quartered (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 1 cup (1 1/2-inch) asparagus tips
- 3 Tbsp pesto
Boil the pasta in salted water 8 to 10 minutes until al dente. Drain.
While pasta is boiling, heat butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat until foam subsides.
Add garlic and pepper, and sauté about 1 minute until golden brown, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add half-and-half and shiitakes, and cook foranother 5 minutes. Add gorgonzola and Parmesan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, for another 4 minutes.
Add drained pasta and toss gently to combine. Add artichoke hearts, tomatoes, sugar snaps, asparagus tips and pesto. Cook about 1 minute just until asparagus tips are snap-tender.
NOTE: Fettuccine can be substituted for the tagliatelle.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page