Applebee's-style Southwest Steak
- 2 (5.5 oz.) sirloin steaks, or your favorite cut
- 4 shakes blackened steak seasoning
- 1/2 cup red peppers, julienne cut
- 1/2 cup green peppers, julienne cut
- 1 cup yellow onion, julienne cut
- Butter, as needed
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic, granulated, to taste
- 1 slice Cheddar cheese
- 1 slice Monterey jack cheese, sliced
Preheat skillet or grill to 550° F.
Shake blackened steak seasoning on to one side of meat and grill to desired doneness, turning halfway on grill between "flips" to achieve "diamond" grill marks.
While steak is cooking, cut onions and peppers.
Melt butter and sauté onions and peppers. Season with salt, pepper and garlic. Reduce heat and hold until steak is cooked.
For final minute of steak cooking, top with cheese slices.
Plate for service with onions and peppers and serve with your favorite side dishes. Applebee's serves theirs with skin-on garlic mashed potatoes and garlic bread.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page