Applebee's-style Vegetable Medley
- 1/2 lbs. cold, fresh zucchini, 1/4 inch bias half moons
- 1/2 lbs. cold, fresh yellow squash, 1/4 inch bias half moons
- 1/4 lbs. cold red pepper, 1/4 inch julienne cut strips
- 1/4 lbs. cold carrots, 4 inch x 1/4 inch sticks
- 1/4 lbs. cold red onions, 1/4 inch julienne cut strips
- 1 cold, small corn cob, 1-6 "wheel" cut
- 3 Tbsp cold butter or margarine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp fresh or dried parsley
Thoroughly clean and sanitize sink.
Rinse and wash all vegetables under cold water.
Clean and sanitize cutting board and knife.
Cut the ends off of the zucchini and squash, then down the center lengthwise. Using chef knife, cut into 1/4 inch bias half moons.
Slice red pepper in half and remove the stem. Core and remove seeds from the red peppers. Cut each half in half, then slice lengthwise.
Slice both ends of red onion off. Remove the peel and core of the onion. Slice lengthwise for a 1/4 inch julienne cut.
Peel carrots. Trim top end of carrot and narrow bottom end to result in a 4 inch length of (somewhat) uniform width. Cut each piece in half lengthwise, then cut the halves into quarters, result should be approximately 1/4 inch x 1/4 inch sticks.
Heat butter or margarine in a sauté pan over medium heat (do not scorch). Add salt, sugar and garlic. Add vegetables (start with carrots and work back up the list - denser vegetables take longer to heat) and cook until hot, yet crisp. When vegetables are all in pan and cooking, add Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and parsley. Mix thoroughly and serve.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page