Arnaud's-style Escargots en Casserole
- 36 snails, removed from their shells, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/8 cups garlic butter (right)
- 12 oz fresh or good-quality frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
Garlic Butter Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) plus 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Herbsaint
- 1/8 cup chopped garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, mix all ingredients at low speed for 5 minutes.
Preheat oven to 420° F.
Place each snail in a small pot or ovenproof dish with a 2-inch diameter. Cover each snail with garlic butter.
Roll the puff pastry to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch diameter pastry cutter, cut out 36 circles. Cover each snail pot with puff pastry, pressing the edges lightly to seal. Brush the pastry with beaten egg.
Bake for 8 minutes or until the pastry turns golden brown. Serve immediately.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page