B-44 Bistro-style Arros Negre (Black Rice)
- 1 lbs. fresh squid, cleaned and cut up
- 1 pack squid ink
- 1 lbs. cuttlefish, cleaned and cut up
- 18 clams
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 1 to 2 cups rice, preferably Spanish brand
- 1/2 lbs. peas, fresh or frozen
- 4 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped Salt, as needed
- 4 to 6 cups fish stock with squid ink
- Homemade aioli (garlic mayonnaise)
In a paella pan, sauté the onions and peppers slowly to begin your sofrito. When ready add 1/2 of the garlic, sauté. Add the tomatoes and cook until thick. This is your sofrito. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
In the same paella pan, sauté the squid and cuttlefish, along with the rest of the garlic, and when 1/2 cooked, add the rice and let cook for a few minutes. Add the sofrito, and then start ladling in the hot fish stock to which you have added all the squid ink. Add ladles of stock as each is absorbed.
When the rice is nearly cooked, add the clams and green peas. Let cook and it should be ready once the clams open.
Top with a spoon of aioli.Makes 6 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page