Bonefish Grill-style Salmon Topped with Spinach, Bacon & Gorgonzola Bleu Cheese
Friends Tim Curci and Chris Parker opened their first Bonefish Grill in St. Petersburg, FL, in 2000 focusing on "elegant simplicity" seasonal seafood dishes. Below is SecretRecipe.com's make-a-like recipe for their amazing Salmon Topped with Spinach, Bacon & Gorgonzola Bleu Cheese. We think we got it pretty close, but you be the judge. Enjoy!
Lemon Butter Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce pinch of pepper
- 10 cubes unsalted butter - chilled
Bring wine and lemon juice to a simmer for 15 minutes.
Slowly add cream and cook until slightly thick.
Turn heat to low and slowly whisk in chilled butter until the sauce emulsifies.
Salmon with Spinach, Bacon Gorgonzola Ingredients:
- 4-6 8 oz. Salmon portions
- 4 Cups Spinach
- 2 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- 8-12 oz. Gorgonzola Bleu Cheese - crumbled (2 oz. per fish portion)
- 4-6 Tbsp Bacon - chopped, cooked (1 Tbsp per fish portion)
- 4-6 oz. Lemon Butter (1 oz. per fish portion)
Season Salmon and grill to desired temperature.
After you place the salmon on the grill, sauté the spinach with olive oil, garlic and a pinch of salt.
When salmon is almost done, top with sautéed spinach and crumbled Gorgonzola cheese. Cover and allow cheese to melt.
Remove salmon from grill and place on a serving platter and top with lemon butter and cooked, chopped bacon bits.4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page