Deadbeat Pete's-style Santa Fe Chicken
- 2 medium green peppers
- 4 medium red onions
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 4 oz salsa
- 6 (4 to 6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz mild Cheddar cheese
- 4 oz Monterey jack cheese
- Spices: poultry seasoning, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic, pepper
- Unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp course ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp salt (optional)
- 4 cups water
Mix dry ingredients, add water and mix again well.
Mix marinade. Marinate chicken at least 2 hours (24 hours for best results).
Cook rice, slice pepper and onions.
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Mix salsa and 4 cups cooked rice. Grill or sauté chicken breasts until firm. Sauté peppers and onions in unsalted butter until tender.
On individual plates, put a chicken breast over a bed of rice. Peppers and onions over chicken. Sprinkle with both types of cheeses. Put in oven to melt cheese (watch closely).Makes 6 to 8 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page