Don Pablo's-style Tortilla Shrimp with Mexican Cocktail Sauce
Cocktail Sauce Ingredients:
- 12 oz tomato ketchup
- 2 oz prepared horseradish
- Juice of 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- Juice of 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
Tortilla Shrimp Ingredients:
- Jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined (leave tail on)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 4 cups Japanese style or day-old bread crumbs
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
Mix all ingredients for the cocktail sauce together. This can be made ahead of time and refrigerated up to 3 days.
Wash shrimp, pat dry and toss in a bowl with the taco seasoning. Set aside.
In another bowl combine flour, cornstarch and water. In a separate bowl combine breadcrumbs and tortilla chips.
Holding the tail of each shrimp, dip them into the batter, then dredge through the crumb mixture.
Reserve battered shrimp in freezer or refrigerator until ready to fry. Then fry to a golden brown, drain and serve.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page